CulinaryJuly 15, 2023
Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa Welcomes Signature Au Soleil Programme with Rosé Sorbet by Chef Meredith Hayden
Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa is inviting travellers to embrace a glamorous summer mindset through its returning Au Soleil programme and newly launched rosé sorbet.
Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa has teamed up with social media’s favourite chef and tastemaker – Meredith Hayden – to bring to life a Rosé infused sorbet as a nod to the brand’s quintessential invitation for travellers to chase the endless summer and create lasting memories complete with lazy, rosé-filled afternoons.
Inspired by the preciousness of caviar ice baths and the cocktail sidecar, this perfect scoop-and-sip combo is served in a custom-designed Sorbet Sidecar. The glass cone, reflective of a classic ice cream cone, holds the sorbet scoop and sits atop a stemless wine glass filled with rosé. The glassware duo is presented on a sunshine-coloured tray, with an Au Soleil wooden cradle designed to hold the cone while sipping the rosé.
Beginning this July, Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa will invite travellers to soak in the summer season, both on- and off-property:
Sip, Savour, and Stay at Le Méridien Maldives Resort & Spa
From a sun-kissed day with a glass of rosé, global jet sets visiting Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa will be able to capture the spirit of Au Soleil in a variety of ways:
- Beginning July 10 through October 31, will offer a special Au Soleil stay package that includes daily breakfast and a complimentary Le Scoop by Le Méridien gelato or sorbet.
- Embodying the idea that the sun never sets on the jet set, celebratory moments include Au Soleil Sunset Sessions and special Paella & Sangria dinners in Riviera Tapas & Bar and Au Soleil sunset picnics on the beach or on the resort’s private island – Bodu Finolhu.
- A modern twist to classic games traditionally enjoyed outdoors during warm weather days, such as the iconic seaside pastime of backgammon, as well as tic-tac-toe, poolside chess and chic modernist-style Jenga sets. Guests at Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa can take advantage of the giant chess board in The Hub.
- Le Scoop by Le Méridien features various flavours of gelato and sorbet reminiscent of a glamourous, sunny summer spent on the French Riviera. Flavours include locally grown Papaya & Lime Sorbet. Icecreams on offer include classic Mint & Choco Chip and Basil ice cream. All are made using the freshest ingredients harvested in Le Meridien Maldives’ own greenhouse.
- A distinctive on-property design aesthetic, evoking the spirit of Au Soleil and the playful glamour of endless European summers for travellers all year round.
- A How to Summer Guide that captures the unspoken rules of a perfect day Au Soleil, whether on the beach or in the town, including Sun Safety tips from the brand’s amenity partner MALIN+GOETZ.
Bring Au Soleil Home
Because Au Soleil is a state of mind that allows travellers to summer and savour the good life wherever they are and whenever they want, Shop Le Méridien, the new retail offering from Marriott Bonvoy Boutiques, features coveted summer items so that consumers can bring Au Soleil home.
General Manager, Thomas Schult, commented: “We are thrilled to introduce the Au Soleil programme at Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa, which encapsulates our ethos of living the ‘good life’. We hope guests will enjoy lazy Mediterranean-inspired Rosé afternoons at the resort.
Le Meridien Maldives Resort & Spa participates in Marriott Bonvoy – the award-winning travel program from Marriott International – allowing members to earn and redeem points for their stay at the hotel, and at other hotels and resorts across Marriott Bonvoy’s extraordinary portfolio of brands. With the Marriott Bonvoy app, members enjoy a level of personalization and a contactless experience that allows them to travel with peace of mind.
Prices based on 2 adults sharing an overwater villa with a pool, including daily buffet breakfast start from $850 per couple.
For more information about Au Soleil by Le Méridien, please visit www.lemeridien.com/ausoleil and follow along on social media with #LMAuSoleil. Also visit: Chase Endless Summers with Le Méridien | Marriott Deals