More than a holiday of blissful romance, the Milaidhoo megamoon includes experiences to remember with pleasure…
Travel BlogSeptember 15, 2021
Crown & Champa Resorts Supports World Cleanup Day with Groupwide Green Initiatives
The leading resort collection in the Maldives raises awareness in recognition of World Cleanup Day through green-inspired activities.
On the third Saturday of September every year, volunteers from across the globe come together to help make the world a cleaner and healthier place to live. World Cleanup Day is one of the largest community-based environmental programmes to engage more than 180 countries to tackle and generate action on the global waste crisis.
Crown & Champa Resorts will lend its full support to the worldwide initiative on 18 September with activities and events that aim to raise awareness and educate team members, guests, and partners about the importance of protecting the environment. While the resort collection is all about providing travellers with ‘a life fully lived’ moments, locally-inspired experiences, and connecting them to the very best of the Maldives, it is also committed to treading lightly on the planet.
- Kudadoo Maldives Private Island and Hurawalhi Island Resort: will invite residents and guests to visit the Marine Biology Centre to gain insights into the Maldives’ unique marine environment and the properties’ conservation efforts.
- Kagi Maldives Spa Island: will carry out a tree-planting activity to propagate native flora on the island.
- Veligandu Island Resort & Spa: will arrange an island-cleaning event for marine debris reduction.
- Komandoo Island Resort & Spa: will organise a planting activity in its organic garden, which already houses a variety of vegetables, herbs, and spices. Additionally, an island and house reef cleaning initiative will be arranged in cooperation with Prodivers Maldives – Komandoo team.
- Meeru Island Resort & Spa: will conduct a lagoon cleaning operation in collaboration with Euro-Divers Meeru.
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort & Spa: will invite resort associates and guests for a house reef cleaning drive organised by the SEA (sports, excursions, and activities) team.
- Kuredu Island Resort & Spa: will organise three clean-up sessions in partnership with Prodivers Maldives: lagoon, house reef, and island, to be participated by divers, non-divers, guests, and staff.
- Innahura Maldives Resort: will invite guests and team members to dedicate a portion of their time and energy for an island clean-up effort.
This World Cleanup Day initiative by Crown & Champa Resorts is part of the group’s commitment towards a sustainable tomorrow, guided by its core values: respect, empathy, sincerity, openness, reliability, trust, and sensitivity.
The collection’s sustainability endeavours go beyond the operational aspects of each property to create a positive impact on the community – economically, socially, and culturally. This includes eliminating single-use plastics, minimising unnecessary consumption of resources, protecting marine life and biodiversity, supporting local livelihood, and promoting local culture and heritage.
For more information please visit www.crownandchamparesorts.com